* Project: Vermont Youth Conservation Corps Crews
* Location: Roaring Branch, White Creek, Mill Brook, Batten Kill, all in VT.
* Time frame: Summer 2013.
* Partners: Vermont Youth Conservation Corps, State of Vermont Irene Recovery and Restoration Program.
* Problem description: There was significant damage in the Batten Kill Watershed from flooding and erosion during Tropical Storm Irene. Three houses were washed away in Roaring Branch, and most of the materials from them along with a lot of trash and debris remained in the stream channel. There were areas in White Creek and Mill Brook in Rupert that suffered significant bank erosion.
* Planned project work: The Alliance hosted VYCC crews for three weeks during summer 2013. They collected close to two tons of material from Roaring Branch. They planted seedling trees and bushes along Roaring Branch, White Creek, Mill Brook, and the Batten Kill.
* Photo Slideshow: The pictures show a crew working to locate trash in Roaring Branch, trash removed, a crew on a well-deserved break, a crew with a vehicle engine block that a Green Mountain Power crew helped to remove from Roaring Branch, and planting along Roaring Branch and along Mill Brook.