* Project: Batten Kill VT: 313 past West Mountain Bridge
* Location: Between the Rte 313 West bridge and the West Mountain Bridge on River Road, and then also some distance downstream along River Road where there is a kind of "braided river" section, all sites in Arlington, VT. There is good public access for angling all along here.
* Timeframe: September 2012.
* Partners: Green Mountain National Forest, VT Fish & Wildlife Department, Bennington County Conservation District, Southwest Vermont Trout Unlimited, Trout and Salmon Foundation.
* Problem description: This Batten Kill reach is deficient in cover and shelter for trout habitat, and there are areas that are causing erosion problems for landowners.
* Planned project work: The project work has installed cover and shelter structures of wood and stone in the pools along the reach, along with rock vanes and woody debris that function to improve dynamics and stabilize banks. This approach has been proven to increase the trout population.
* Photos in the slideshow above first show pictures the pools and other areas before construction, during construction, and after the river work. The Rte 313 bridge and the West Mountain Bridge can be seen in some pictures.